Monday, June 23, 2008

Back!

I’m back.

I miss this so much… I cannot stay away.

Geoff Young adopted my Minor League Report style (though he admittedly added his own tweaks to improve it) so I need to do something different…

So without further fanfare (not that I would get any fanfare anyway), I’m debuting my daily Minor League Hitter and Minor League Pitcher of the day.

To lay out some ground-rules, you won’t see a too-old-for-his-league non-prospect get an award. The award may not go to the best performance of the previous night, but what I deem the most significant performance of the night (i.e. Carrillo’s 2 scoreless IP a week ago would have won it even if another prospect had a better night)…

On to the awards:

Minor League Hitter of the Day

Andrew Cumberland: 3-4, 3 R, RBI, BB, SO, 2 SB

Minor League Pitcher of the Day

Will Inman: 7.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 11 SO, 1 HR (93 pitches)

Other Commentary

I’ve posted several thoughts about the draft over at Geoff Young’s Ducksnorts.com and I will prepare a breakdown for you all at a later date… However, let me just say, I’m excited to see Jaff Decker’s line tomorrow in the AZL and I eager to see Allan Dykstra finally ink with us and get in uniform as well.

Thanks for reading, see you tomorrow!