Monday, June 22, 2009

Padres MiLB June 22, Players of the Day

Hitter(s) of the Day

Jason Codiroli (SS): 2-4, HR, R, 2 RBI, SB
Cedric Hunter (AA): 2-5, R, RBI, BB, SB
Eric Sogard (AA): 2-5, 2 R, BB
Craig Cooper (AA): 3-5, 2B, HR, 2 R, 2 RBI

Pitcher of the Day

n/a

Commentary

The Fort Wayne TinCaps, Lake Elsinore Storm, and Portland Beavers all were off for their respective All Star breaks.

Okay, he certainly did not deserve Pitcher of the Day award, but Adys Portillo made his professional debut Monday night:

3.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 1 SO, 1 HR

I’m not the world’s biggest Craig Cooper fan – I don’t expect him to be an MLB starter – now, I hope he proves me wrong – but I have to be honest with my opinions… However, Cooper is hitting .358/.444/.500 and has a career Minor League .314/.397/.456 line. PRD is going to start watching him closer.