Monday, June 15, 2009

My Top 10

Okay, I asked you all to post your top 10 – here is mine (top 17 actually).

Process: I started with the 16 + Castro (who should have been on my original list) and ranked them, thought about my order, revised, re-revised, etc. until I was comfortable with my list…

1 Mat Latos – reaching über-prospect status
2 Kyle Blanks – proximity to bigs pushed KB to #2
3 Jaff Decker – superior hit tool and already performing
4 Donovan Tate – projecting tools
5a Logan Forsythe – superior plate discipline at higher level
5b James Darnell – could/should(?) rate ahead of Forsythe
7 Adys Portillo – pure projection
8 Cedric Hunter – top 5 if he ends the season over .300
9 Drew Cumberland – injuries drop him
10 Kellen Kulbacki – I assume he’ll produce again

Here is my ranking of the rest of players in the discussion:

11 Everett Williams
12 Simon Castro
13 Eric Sogard
14 Nick Schmidt
15 Keyvius Sampson
16 Jonathon Galvez
17 Allan Dykstra

I have high hopes for Williams, Castro, Sogard, Schmidt, and Sampson... Kevin Goldstein, in a MadFriars.com interview, said that Everett Williams could be a first round pick if he was 6'2" instead of 5'10" - wow!