Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Padres MiLB April 15, Players of the Day

Minor League Hitter(s) of the Day


Allan Dykstra (Low-A): 2-4, 2B, R, RBI, SO
Drew Macias (AAA): 2-5, 2B, HR, 2 R, 5 RBI, BB, SO
Will Venable (AAA): 2-4, 2B, HR, R, RBI, 2 BB, SO
Kyle Blanks (AAA): 2-3, R, 3 BB
Chad Huffman (AAA): 3-6, HR, 2 R, RBI,

Minor League Pitcher(s) of the Day

Anthony Bass (Low-A): 6.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 SO, 0 HR
Cesar Ramos (AAA): 5.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 SO, 0 HR

Other Commentary

I like all four of these hitters. Just based on numbers, I don’t think they will each get a legit shot to be regulars with the Padres…

When I evaluate pitchers, the first think I look at are hits, strikeouts, and walks vs. innings pitched… Because of these statistical preferences, I am not Cesar Ramos’ biggest fan (517 IP, 570 hits allowed and 5.4 K/9). Now if Cesar has more starts like Wednesday’s, I’ll have to re-think my opinion.