Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Home Town Discount?

Dang! Only 8 games in the first 3 months. Hoping to get off to an early Bonds-less start, the Padres have an unfortunately disportionte number of games against the Giants after the All Star break.

On a different note…

Brian Hiro is quickly becoming my favorite Padres beat writer. If you don’t have the North County Times on your daily reading list, shame on you.

Hiro has an article today about players wanting to play for the Padres and about guys giving up some money or seemingly “better” offers to play here.

I don’t want to presume that Hiro’s article isn’t accurate, but if it is accurate, then why don’t we see more free agents sign here (when we do pursue them)? I’m guessing there is some reason here that I’m unaware of, but either way it’s not comforting.

Ugh. It’s not that late, but I’m toast! G’nite.