Thursday, July 17, 2008

Padres MiLB July 17, Players of the Day

Ground-rules: you won’t see a too-old-for-his-league non-prospect get an award. The award may not go to the best performance of the previous night, but what I deem the most significant performance of the night…

Minor League Hitter(s) of the Day

Jaff Decker (Rookie): 3-4, 2B, 3 R, BB
Kellen Kulbacki (High-A): 2-4, 2B, RBI, SO

Minor League Pitcher of the Day

Wynn Pelzer (Low-A): 6.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO, 0 HR

Other Commentary

I actually do not like putting the same player up day after day or start after start. Wynn Pelzer, however, is not giving me a choice. This is his fourth appearance here in his last five starts.

I also find it interesting that Kulbacki and Decker are paired up since I see them competing for the RF starting job some day…